Homeowner’s and Condo Associations Attorneys
Contact Us: Homeowner’s and Condo Associations Inquiry
Contact us to discuss your inquiry using this form, or call our office at (319) 366-1000.
All fields are required.
Nazette, Marner, Nathanson & Shea, L.L.P. regularly represents both businesses and individuals in real estate transactions, including purchases, sales, leases and rentals. We understand that for many of our clients, such transactions are tremendously significant on both a personal and financial level. Because real estate transactions can be very complex, our firm prides itself on attention to the most minute detail in negotiating, drafting, and reviewing real estate agreements. Our focus is on protecting our clients’ interests and ensuring that they receive the best possible value in their real estate transactions.
While our transactional real estate work is geared toward minimizing difficulties for our clients in their purchase or sale of real estate, we understand that from time to time, real estate disputes do arise. In those cases, our knowledgeable and experienced attorneys are available to negotiate or litigate to resolve any contested issues.
Among the real estate services we offer are:
- Assistance with negotiating the terms of a purchase, sale, lease, or easement
- Review and drafting of purchase and lease agreements
- Perform title searches and remove clouds on title
- Represent clients at closing
- Resolve real estate disputes through litigation or alternative dispute resolution
- Assist in securing financing or in refinancing a property
- Offer advice on local ordinances, regulations, and zoning issues
- Landlord-tenant matters
- Examination of Abstracts and preparation of Title Opinions
- Preparation of transfer documents, such as Deeds, Groundwater Hazard Statements, and Declarations of Value
- Condemnation proceedings
- Real Estate development and Platting
Residential Real Estate
For most homeowners, a real estate purchase is the largest transaction in which they will ever take part. At the same time, most individuals will only participate in a few real estate transactions in their lifetime. It is essential to have the counsel of knowledgeable professionals who deal with such transactions every day. Whether a homeowner is buying or selling, there are usually a great many details that can be negotiated to improve the outcome of the transaction. Our attorneys know what to look for, understand what is negotiable, and work diligently to secure the best possible deal for their clients. Our attorneys can help with negotiations, transactional documents and disputes concerning:
- Sale terms
- Review of mortgage documents
- Post-inspection contract modifications
- Drafting of leases and rental agreements
- Negotiating easements and rights of way
- Structuring short sales
- Resolution of boundary issues
- Construction and contractor agreements
- Structuring and review of financing agreements
- Land contracts
- Resolution of title issues
- Farm and agricultural land
Commercial Real Estate
Commercial real estate often has special requirements and restrictions, and businesses seeking to acquire or sell commercial real estate do well to secure knowledgeable counsel for their transactions. We are familiar with all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, from preparing a purchase offer to closing. We offer our clients in-depth understanding of the workings of both small-and large-scale commercial transactions, whether for unimproved land or an existing developed property.
In addition to assisting with negotiating transactions, securing financing, drafting contracts, and representing our clients at closing, we also offer legal support in post-closing matters such as development and construction, refinancing, and leasing of the property
Our experience and capabilities in commercial real estate matters include:
- Collaborating with clients to develop business strategies and objectives for real property
- Advising clients on acquisition and development of real estate projects of all sizes
- Structuring property ownership and financing transactions with the use of business entities such as limited liability companies and partnerships
- Reviewing and analyzing contracts for construction, engineering, and architectural services
- Due diligence reviews
- Refinancing and restructuring of non-performing financing obligations
- Negotiating and drafting development agreements and management
- Negotiating and drafting agreements with regard to easements and restrictive covenants
- Farm and agricultural property
Whether your real estate needs are personal or professional in nature, we offer comprehensive legal guidance at every step of the process.
Call our office in Cedar Rapids at (319) 366-1000 to schedule your initial consultation and learn how we can help.