Mona Knoll has been in legal practice in Iowa for over forty years, the last thirty three of them with Nazette, Marner, Nathanson & Shea, LLP. Much of her practice centers on family law, including divorces, custody, and support.
Family law practice is often fraught with stress for clients, but Mona’s practice experience helps her to assist clients in reducing conflict and resolving their cases more effectively and with less stress. Clients appreciate not only her skill, but her compassion and support in dealing with their situations. While Mona is an experienced litigator, she also understands the benefit of offering clients different ways to solve problems. To this end, she is trained in both mediation (see Mediation Services of Eastern Iowa) and in Collaborative Divorce (see International Academy of Collaborative Professionals and its link to the practice group Collaborative Professionals of Eastern Iowa), and has been assisting clients using alternative dispute resolution for almost thirty years. Mona offers limited scope representation which allows a client to self-represent while using only those attorney-provided services the client needs. Many clients are pleased to discover that these methods not only reduce conflict, but expense as well.
Mona’s family law practice also includes assisting families with private and agency adoptions. In addition to her family law work, Mona also has an active practice in estate planning and probate, elder law and juvenile law, including termination of parental rights and child in need of assistance cases.
Mona enjoys the challenge of legal practice, and gets great satisfaction from assisting families, whether through helping them grow, helping them plan for their future, or helping them unwind as gently as possible.
- University of Iowa, College of Law, Juris Doctor, 1979
- Iowa State University, B.S. (Zoology) 1969
Professional Memberships and Positions
- AV rating from Martindale-Hubble
- Linn County Bar Association, president
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Collaborative Lawyers of Eastern Iowa
- Linn County Bar Association, President
- Iowa State Bar Association, 6th Judicial District, Board of Governors
- Linn County Advocate, past board member
- Mediation Services of Eastern Iowa, past president, former board member
Admission to Practice
- Iowa, 1980
- Waypoint Services for Women, Children and Families, past board member
- Eastern Iowa Alzheimer’s Association, board member
- First Congregational United Church of Christ, member, moderator