Born and raised in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, attorney Randy Nazette returned home to practice law after graduating from Drake University Law School. In 1975 he was admitted to practice in the Iowa Supreme Court, and joined the firm his father, Richard Nazette, found. In his over forty-seven years as an attorney, Randy has concentrated his practice in the areas of business and corporate law, real estate law, estate planning and probate law. In addition to transactional work, Randy provides numerous clients with advisory services, including serving as general counsel for many businesses throughout eastern Iowa.
The scope of Randy’s practice finds him working with individuals and families on estate planning and asset protection planning, helping them to preserve what they’ve worked hard to achieve for their families’ future. He also regularly guides families through the complex and sometimes overwhelming probate process.
On the business end of his practice, Randy works with a wide range of companies, ranging from small family businesses and non-profit organizations to banks and corporation. He assists his clients with incorporation, stock purchases, buy-sell agreements, ownership transfer between generations, real estate purchases, transactional needs and general counsel needs. Business clients know that Randy’s experience will enable him to guide their companies as they evolve and change.
Randy’s practice areas require that he spends significant time with his clients, helping to identify their goals, both personal and professional. Over the years, the relationships he has developed with his clients have allowed him to understand and to anticipate their needs, customizing solutions for their particular circumstances and goals. Clients appreciate his depth and breadth of experience and ability to craft solutions to even the most challenging situations. Randy takes particular pride in understanding a client’s vision for their business and helping the vision become reality.
Having received personal and professional support from the Cedar Rapids area, Randy is dedicated to giving back to his community. He takes great satisfaction in serving the community’s legal needs and volunteering his time and energy to organizations such as Tanager Place, Jane Boyd Community House, Linn County Young Lawyers Association and Habitat for Humanity.
- University of Northern Iowa, BBA of Arts in Business Administration, 1972
- Drake University, Juris Doctor, 1974
- Admitted to practice in the Iowa Supreme Court, 1975
- Joined Firm in 1975
- AV rating from Martindale-Hubble
- Played key role in raising Tanager Place endowment from $1 million to $20 million to assist Iowa children with severe emotional and psychiatric challenges
- American Red Cross Certificate of Merit recipient for saving a woman from drowning after a boating accident, 1966
Professional Memberships and Positions:
- Linn County Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Linn County Young Lawyers Association, Past President
- Linn County Bar Association, Board of Governors, Past President
- Iowa, admitted to practice 1975
- Tanager Place, active over 30 years
- Tanager Place Operating Board, Past President, former member
- Tanager Place Foundation Board, past President, former member
- Jane Boyd Community House, former board member, Past President
- Donates legal services to Habitat for Humanity